eSift were engaged with to provide our Recruitment on Demand solution. Prior to 2019, RS Components recruitment had been managed by a global RPO for 5 years. The process had been managed administratively and approximately 38% of recruitment was outsourced to agencies. This had huge cost implications and a lack of consistency in terms of quality of service with managers and candidates alike. In September 2018, The RS board made the decision to give 6 months’ notice to the incumbent RPO.
The decision was made to appoint eSift to provide a more agile RPO for 11 months. We were happy to agree to an initial 11-month contract, with 30 days’ notice period to provide some “quick fixes and build the in-house capability”. The longer-term objective was to start to transfer key Talent Acquisition Professionals onto the RS payroll once the concept was implemented and the model was running effectively.
- Improving candidate experience
- Promoting the RS brand
- Redefining the recruitment process
- Reducing agency usage
- Building talent pipeline
- Providing management information
- Upgrading Taleo / upgrading internal systems – in partnership with RS, building strategic partnerships with Oracle, Indeed, LinkedIn, Job Boards, AIA (media partner), Glassdoor
- Measuring and the impact of a Diversity and Inclusion strategy
- Onsite visits continued, to understand the culture and build relationships with hiring managers
eSift were instrumental in selecting and delivering an agile team to meet the immediate needs of the business. The scope of the programme was very ambitious, which meant eSift and RS had to be realistic and “fix the basics”.
The starting point was to select an agile and experienced team of Talent Acquisition Professionals supported by a Resourcing Team. Most of the recruitment was in the UK (Corby & London) plus Northern & Central Europe. The functions included Commercial, Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, second phase Digital Data & Tech and Americas.
Frankfurt was going through a large transformation with a new leadership team and a relocation to new offices in central Frankfurt. There was also a cultural change happening across the DACH region to attract a more diverse workforce and change the mindset of employees and managers. In addition, RS had invested a 65-million-euro project to enlarge and further automate the distribution centre in Bad Hersfeld.
- Direct hires increased from 62% to 97% in 6 months. (This equated to an immediate saving of over £500,000 in the first 6 months of us taking over the contract
- A 59% decrease in new starter errors delaying offers etc.
- Based on the impact we have achieved on direct hires, Data Digital and Technology was placed in the scope of the contract as well as roles within the US
- The Talent Acquisition Business Partners on our payroll were appointed fulltime roles with RS Components and remain effective
- RS were awarded top 10 employer for Indeed – Top-Rated UK Workplace: Best in Technology https://www.indeed.co.uk/Top-Rated-Workplaces/2019-UK-Technology
- RS have been selected as Finalists for two FIRM Awards, Outstanding impact & transformation and Best supplier partnership, taking home the win for Outstanding impact & transformation in 2020
- Successfully placed a strong leadership team within Americas within Marketing and Learning & Development
- Supporting with the on-boarding process and platform and helping sort new starter equipment over lockdown when the remote working kicked in
- The Resourcing Team remain with us, and our contract has been extended
“Highly passionate supplier driving amazing results, a truly consultative partner with respected leaders – are the words I would use to describe eSift. No challenge was too big for Geraldine and her team to relentlessly provide a solution, while taking our direct sourcing to 97% – a feat that was unachieved for 5 years! The eSift team’s Recruitment services were agile and especially reliable in times of crisis and I would highly recommend them as a true recruitment partner.”
K.S – Senior TalentAcquisition Programme Manager RS Components