We are delighted to be nominated for Best Supplier Partnership at the 2020 FIRM Awards. This nomination alone is a credit to our committed and dedicated team of professionals and represents the values we stand for at eSift.
As functions mature, suppliers often form a crucial and integral part of the organisation’s success in talent acquisition, either as an ongoing or outsourcing component to the department or engaging for a specific project or major initiative. This category seeks to recognise suppliers and employers who have achieved the benchmark in supplier engagement, management and utilisation.
We are experts in delivering agile RPO services and bespoke resourcing solutions for talent acquisition professionals. Since 2008, we have worked as an extension of in-house recruitment teams to impact on time to hire, enhancing candidate experience, promoting the client’s brand and impact on diversity and inclusion.
About our client
A leading global business supplying a wide range of electronic components and consumables, with operations in 32 countries, they offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and trade counters to over one million customers.
Our client had an ambitious desire to build an effective direct sourcing strategy, serving EMEA region, and looking to make 600 hires per year.
Previously their recruitment needs had been serviced for 5 years by a traditional global RPO, but the decision was made to appoint eSift to provide a more agile RPO for 11 months.
In summary, we are a rare breed. We were happy to agree to an initial 11-month contract, with 30 days’ notice period to provide some “quick fixes and build the in-house capability”.
The longer-term objective was to start to transfer key Talent Acquisition Professionals onto their payroll once the concept was implemented and the model was running effectively.
Working in partnership was key in order to meet and exceed an ambitious short and long-term recruitment and talent strategy. We successfully delivered this service and the starting point was to “fix the basics” and recruit an experienced team of Talent Acquisition Professionals supported by a Resourcing Team.
Following extensive meetings with key stakeholders and support departments, we identified the following priorities
- Improve candidate experience
- Promote their brand
- Reduce agency usage
- Build talent pipeline
- Provide management information
- Upgrade internal systems
- Build strategic partnerships with Oracle, Indeed, LinkedIn, Job Boards. AIA (media partner) Glassdoor
What did we learn?
Patience was the biggest learning curve. The TA team were so passionate and focused on delivering against their objectives but inevitably some of the internal projects needed to be put on hold until later in the year.
- Direct hires increased from 62% to 97% in 6 months. (this equated to an immediate saving of over £500,000 in the first 6 months of us taking over the contract
- We assisted with the organisation of a job fayre in Peterborough within a 48-hour timeline for Thomas Cook employees. All members of the TA team and key stakeholders were present, including senior managers. 11 candidates have been placed within the business as a direct result of hosting that day
- A 59% decrease in new starter errors delaying offers etc
- The Resourcing Team remain with us, and our contract has been extended until October 2020. Based on the impact we have achieved on direct hires, Data Digital and Technology has been placed in the scope of the contract
- Our client was awarded top ten employer for indeed – Top Rated UK Workplace: Best in Technology
- Our client has been selected as finalists for two FIRM Awards Outstanding Impact & Transformation and Best Supplier Partnership
What the Talent Acquisition Programme Manager says about us
“Highly passionate supplier driving amazing results, a truly consultative partner with respected leaders – are the words to describe eSift. No challenge was too big for Geraldine and her team to relentlessly provide a solution, while taking our direct sourcing to 97% – a feat that was unachieved for 5 years! The eSift Team’s Recruitment Services were especially reliable in times of crisis and I would highly recommend them as a true recruitment partner. “
Talent Acquisition Programme Manager