In today’s digital world, most people go online to do research, especially when it comes to businesses, jobs and workplaces. Indeed have recently released the top 50 top-rated workplaces by employees in 2019. One recurring theme across the businesses is the importance of a positive and enjoyable work environment, but also one that is a true reflection of the brand’s values.
A positive work environment leads to more engaged employees, and more engaged workers create an increase in productivity. It also contributes to the bigger idea of employee experience, which encapsulates how an employee feels over their time at a business, thus increasing retention rates.
The top 5 rated workplaces and what they are doing right:
- Supportive, inclusive and engaged culture.
- Insightful and forward-looking leadership.
- Great atmosphere and credible training.
- Open communication of expectations.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Caring and supporting environment.
- Learning opportunities.
- Exposure to people within the industry.
- Great work-life balance.
- Charitable work opportunities.